Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Sundays and Meet the Press

I used to watch NBC's Meet the Press religiously on Sunday morning largely because of Tim Russert. It has now been over a week since his death and I watched Brian Williams do the show this morning.  It really won't quite be the same with Tim gone.  While Williams is a great journalist and a superb anchor, he just doesn't quite bring the same flare to the program that Tim did.



I think one of the things that Tim and I shared was our love of sports and politics.  Part of the reason I love both (sports and politics) so much is that consequences and outcomes are "real".  Everybody has something at stake. Everybody has "skin in the game". It's real.

I think it is this quality that Tim so frequently brought out in his guests and his co-hosts over the years.  I will truly miss him and his broadcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment