Saturday, July 7, 2007

Nyssa’s Basketball Tournament in Portland

My niece Nyssa had a basketball tournament in Portland Oregon. So we all made our way down to the tournament which was held near the Clackamus Community College in Oregon City.
  




It was a great tournament to see. My sister Tami was telling us that in order to get into the NCAA and play first string at the high school level these days independent summer league action is actually required. I believe it for an amateur women's basketball game the skill level was amazing. Nyssa (yellow jersey -- look at that beautiful "D" ) and her team won! They took a commanding lead in the 2nd half and locked it away from the local Oregon team they were playing.

As you can see our official team mascot Ruthie accompanied us to the tournament. At our celebration dinner afterward with my family, my grand daughter Emma Jo tried to imitate Ruthie's Perfect Victory Cheer.


No comments:

Post a Comment